Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie

I generally like to try out new recipes rather than continually repeating old ones, but there are a few recipes that I can't help but come back to again and again. Chicken pot pie is one of them. I use a recipe from my Aunt Suzanne, which I posted on the blog ages ago, but that was back before I posted recipes regularly, and I never took good photos, and I know I have a TON of new readers since then, so I thought I'd revisit it and share it again. It's super simple and great comfort food! 

Pin It

Recipe from my Aunt Suzanne.

Ingredients:
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp butter
1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded
1 bag mixed veggies, cooked (I use the "California blend" of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
Italian seasoning, to taste
black pepper, to taste
2 9-inch refrigerated pie crusts
1 egg white

Directions:
1. Heat butter in a large skillet. Saute the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
2. Add chicken, soups, and spices to the skillet. Mix to combine.
3. Place 1 pie crust in the bottom of a lightly-greased pie pan. Spoon in chicken mixture and top with remaining pie crust. Fold and shape the edges and cut slits in the top crust.
4. Put the egg white in a small bowl, then brush it on the top pie crust.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.

(bottom pie crust)

(veggie blend)

(diced onion)

(chicken deboned and shredded)

(adding chicken, veggies, and soups)

(mixing it all up...)

(filling in the pie crust)

(top crust...)

(edges crimped)

(pretty slits in the top)

(egg white)

(egg white brushed on the top)

(all done!)

(yummy chicken pot pie!)

Ta-da!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment