Friday, May 17, 2013

2-Minute Cinnamon Apples

I love cinnamon apples. I get so excited when I find myself at a restaurant where cinnamon apples are one of the side dish options. So when I found a recipe for cinnamon apples that only takes two minutes, I was SO excited. This is the perfect recipe for when you need a sweet little snack, or you could make them to go on top of ice cream, or in oatmeal! As far as desserts go, this is a pretty healthy one, so you don't even have to feel bad about it! :) 

Pin It

Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients
1 small Granny Smith apple
2 tsp Splenda (or a spoonful of sugar)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water

Directions:
1. Peel, core, and slice the apple into small slices (or cut it into little cubes).
2. Place the apple pieces and all other ingredients into a microwave-safe small container with a lid. Shake to mix the ingredients.
3. With the lid slightly vented, microwave on high for 2 to 2.5 minutes (depending on the size of the apple). 
4. Carefully remove the lid (it'll be hot and steamy) and eat! 

Apples. Peeled, cored, and sliced.

All ingredients in the container...

(after shaking to combine)

Ta-da!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I think I'm going to put these on my oatmeal this week!

    ReplyDelete