Friday, June 7, 2013

Corn Casserole

Last fall a couple people told me that their favorite Thanksgiving dish was something called "corn casserole." Having never heard of such a thing, I put it on my list of things to try. And I finally got around to finding a recipe and making it, and let me tell you - it is tasty! It's kind of like cornbread, but with more of a casserole-creamy consistency. Delicious! 

IMG_3396-2
Pin It

Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
1 15oz can whole kernel corn, drained
1 15oz can cream-style corn
1 8oz package Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup sour cream
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the corn, Jiffy mix, sour cream, and butter. Stir in the cheese.
2. Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish, and pour in the mixture. 
3. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

IMG_3357-2
Ingredients...

IMG_3358-2
Before adding the cheese...

IMG_3359
Finished Mixture

IMG_3362-2
Ready for the oven!

IMG_3389
Ta-da!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. My Mom has a very similar recipe...and it always reminds me of home. I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete