Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pin-spired Chicken, Potatoes, and Green Beans

I'm sure y'all have seen this one going around Pinterest. You just dump a bunch of stuff in a dish, stick it in the oven, and it ends up being an entire meal! Well, I was curious as to how this actually worked, so I decided to give it a try, and it actually turned out pretty well! 

IMG_3794
Pin It

Overall, this was a SUPER easy meal to prepare. It's not the most delicious thing I've ever cooked, but it more than makes up for it with how EASY it is! The potatoes were really quite tasty, and the green beans were good as well. The chicken was a bit bland, so I think next time I'll marinate the chicken breasts for a while first. We try to keep a low-sodium diet, so this isn't something I'd make often (canned veggies and dressing mixes are full of sodium), but when you need a really quick simple dinner, this recipe is great to have on hand!

I originally found this via this pin on Pinterest, but ended up adapting the recipe found here.

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4-6 red potatoes, cubed
2 cans green beans
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 stick of butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Layer chicken, potatoes, and green beans in a casserole dish. Top with garlic. 
2. Sprinkle dressing mix on top. Pour melted butter evenly over the entire dish. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. 

IMG_3784
(layering the ingredients in the dish...)

IMG_3787
(this is the dressing mix I used)

IMG_3790
(topped with dressing mix)

IMG_3791
(ready for the oven!)

IMG_3794
Ta-da!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment