Monday, July 8, 2013

Poppyseed Chicken Casserole

My grandparents have a big beautiful garden. If I'm lucky, they share the things they grow with me! My favorites are their homemade salsa, the green beans, and the poppyseeds! 

Whenever I get a container of poppyseeds from them, I usually go crazy making baked goods - citrus poppyseed cake, or poppyseed muffins. But the last time I got some, I tried this recipe my mom gave me, and I discovered that this casserole is delicious! 

IMG_5535
Pin It

Recipe from my mom.

Ingredients:
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
16oz sour cream
3 tsp poppyseeds
31 Keebler Town House crackers, crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted

Directions:
1. Combine first four ingredients. Spoon mixture into a lightly-greased 11x7 baking dish.
2. Stir together cracker crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over casserole.
3. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

IMG_5493
(mixing up ingredients in a bowl)

IMG_5500
(mixture spread in an 11x7 dish)

IMG_5501
(cracker-butter mixture on top)

IMG_5513
(out of the oven!)

IMG_5535
Ta-da!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment